Learning at home
Parents, carers and teachers!
We have some online resources for children (aged 3 – 7) for learning through play through art and craft activities at home.
Information for teachers here >>>
Information for families here >>>
We run special events from time to time around our exhibition programme. These can include artist talks, demonstrations in the pottery, handling sessions and more.
- Demonstrations by ceramicists showing their techniques in the pottery at Aberystwyth Arts Centre
- Talks with professionals who work in the field of ceramics e.g. ceramicists, curators, writers etc.
- Symposia–including presentations by post graduate researchers to discuss and examine current practice in ceramic research and production.
- Handling sessions in the gallery with items from the stores.
- Interdisciplinary projects.
- Workshops with community groups.
See the current News page.
We run arts and craft sessions for families, based on themes and exhibitions within the Ceramic Collection in the Ceramic Gallery on the last Saturday of the month from September until March. For our current programme see Information for Families
Group Visits and Outreach Programme
We welcome visits from schools, colleges, art groups, community groups, and other organisations where we can give talks about the collection and the current exhibitions .
We can also visit community groups with a handling collection. We will be able to offer a range of activities which can be tailored to meet the needs of the particular group. Suggested activities include:
- Making or decorating ceramics.
- Discover the sensory properties of clay, touch, feel and even smell the handling collection.
- Talks about the collection.
Please see Information for Schools and Groups
For more information please contact:
Louise Chennell: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 01970 622192